March 18, 2015

Jachob turns Ten today!


















My little buddy, Jachob turned ten today and I whipped up a card and took a couple quick photo's before mom picks him up. I pick him up after school....been babysitting him since he was 9  and 11 mos old :)




I'm working with Lawn Fawn's little otter 5th year anniversary stamp. I knew I was going to have to paint in the water and waves, so I decided to paint the whole image. I started with a very light grey stamping of the otter and the package on 110 lb smooth cardstock. Then the fun started. I used two different watercolor pencil sets. Derwent Inktense pencils for the water and KOH-I-NOOR Mondeluz aquarelle pencils on the otter.


Loved them both for this project! I'm familair with Inktense and love the color and wide blend area. The color just melts and is wonderful for backgrounds. The KOH-I-NOOR pencils stayed a little more sharp edged when wet (only a bit) but for the more fine detail of the otter, they were the right choice.


My card is truly one layer, the backing card is easel hinge attached with double tape. I'm happy to use some die cuts from my left-over-for-later box too.

recipe:
110 lb Kelly Paper Digital SM CS
Derwent Inktense 24
KOH-I-NOOR Mondeluz Aquarell 24
lil Inker's sticked rectangle die
3-M double sided tape
Memento tuxedo black

Thanks for the visit!  cheers, Victoria



I'm sharing at these fun challenges:
Less is More, One layer with a critter
The Male Room underwater, I hope my wet otter applies.
Shopping Our Stash, I made this
Make My Monday, make a scene
Simon Says Stamp Monday, Lions and Lambs, oh my!
Come and get it challenges, make your own background




15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card.. that watercolor is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria what a stunning piece of art, truly amazing work. Love the watery waves, you have a lot of talent.
    Unfortunately you can only enter a maximum of five challenges to be eligible for Less is More and it looks like you have opted for six :(
    Do please join us again!
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super one Victoria...as Anne said... we do have the max of 5 challenge rule however!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous work with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colors used for the water! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is amazing. I love the pretty watercoloured scene - I think sea otters are just fab! Great sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did an absolutely amazing job of painting this! It looks like an actual gallery-worthy painting with so much great detail. I love how you even made it look like there was light reflecting off the water. The whole thing is so pretty and so professional-looking. It's both whimsical and stunning and you did an incredible job. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CA - UTE otter - fun card thanks for joining in at TMR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, rich colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is really vibrant and desirable to look at. It is so cute. You did great on the water coloring. I also enjoyed seeing the way you displayed your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First time I've seen a sea otter on a card and I love it! Your painting skills are fab and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing at TMR
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and such a lovely scene - love the sea colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday and sorry for the late comment. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete