December 11, 2014

My Vintage Christmas



Hi, my living room is starting to come together for Christmas. The living room is styled Mid Century and I have SO much fun adding to it. I have several 1950's TV lamps and they are part of the Christmas action.




Fun colors! I see a Lane circle table and a double level corner table. Both from the 60's.


Cool 1960's period stereo console, hip clock (just like one on the Brady Bunch). Cylinder TV lamp 
with wrapped edges and squiggly  black accent shade. 1980's Fiber Optic Christmas tree.


 
Just got two sets of authentic Bubble Lights. Whee! I remember these on my grandmothers tree.


My Black Panther lamp/planter. See the shade crack?#@*! I shipped it from a vintage store on the east coast. I'm so crazy, I mailed 4 TV lamps to my house. The shade was the only casualty.

.
 
I loved singing with my sisters and practicing our carols as a youngster. And we sang long with 1960's albums from sets that came out each year. I remember going to the Firestone store each year to buy a new one. Here is also a vintage Putz Glitter House.


Last but not least....Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I've been a fan since 1964! I collected these dolls over 10 years ago. Behind them is a "wall" of stacked vintage Christmas Balls in their original packages.The book above is from the second printing in 1967. 
Please take a moment to read the contents of the next picture and learn the origins of Rudolph.





Thanks for visiting. Goodnight and pleasant sugar plum dreams. Victoria

Sharing at: Jann Olson's "Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson's" Victage Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you've decorated! So festive and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for this peek into your world. Not surprised to see it's wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie, what a fun Rudolph collection! The bubble lights are fabulous and everything looks so festive! Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing with Creating Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete