September 7, 2014

Madly Dancing in the Moonlight





Autumn! Yea! My favorite time! (and it doesn't happen in southern Arizona). I will be making my way back to Maryland later this month- then I'll see Fall start. Can't wait to see Mom and the gang either!

My card for AAA CAS Card Challenges this week is one featuring the MOON. It gave me my first opportunity for a Halloween card. I saved a Halloween image a few years back. These witches were dancing at the bottom of a hill with another dancing at the top with a scary house and tree. All the background was golds and oranges, stars and swirls. I worked with the image nearly an hour, removing oranges and other original elements until I isolated the witches and cats. I printed the witches in a 3.75 X 5 panel. Then the watercolor fun began. I punched out a moon shape and used the positive and negative pieces to create the yellow moon and night sky. My paints started with Derwent Inktense and finished up with Salty Ocean and Preserved Grapes distress stains (love them!) My colored panels are from Martha Stewart (old stuff).



I think I'll send this one to my group of 4 grandsons. (We have 6 from 3 households-but 4 at one house, whew!).

Try this MOON SKETCH CHALLENGE! There's a prize this week too. Visit AAA Cards and play along.

Cheers, Victoria


also showing at:





7 comments:

  1. I'm watching the 'Outlander' series on Starz network and your card reminds me of the first episode. What a spirited and well designed card, Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card - the witches dancing under the big ole moon is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous, my friend ! Love that image. It was worth all the work you did with it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks such fun to be there got me wishing I was a witch! Great card Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! Such a spectacular scene, amazing what you can conjure with black silhouettes. Your background colours look fantastic and really set the mood. Thanks so much for your comments on my AAA card. Yes, unfortunately where I live in New Zealand its a very small town and no one in NZ even sells Lawn Fawn products, let alone hardly any other of the well known brands. I have a craft store down south that will order things in for me but boy they make it expensive. Luckily the NZ Dollar is much closer to the USD these days so the conversion isn't so bad. I can't imagine what it would be like to visit a store and found all the goodies that you would living in the US. I think I would be incredibly broke!!!!

    ReplyDelete