August 31, 2014

Lighthouse's remind me of home




I grew up along the banks of the Susquehanna River where it empties into the top of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Water, water, water everywhere....how did I end up in dry as a bone Tucson? Answer: Love.




I've had this image for a long while, it's from an adult coloring book. I used Prang watercolor, not high end- but works fine. I needed more browns and greys than my Peerless set or Inktense pencils offer. I like it very much, except it's so incredibly traditional. I went back and muted all the buildings around the lighthouse and added yellows to emphasize it. I printed multiple copies, so I painted another set of birds (I fuzzy cut them) and added them to the card with pop tape. It's hard to see but I stamped the edges of the base panel.

I've created this card for AAA CAS Card Challenges, game 18, Watercolor. One of my favorite games!
Drop by AAA Cards with a watercolor card of your own, we'd love to see it in the gallery.





















showing at:
AAA Cards, Watercolor



6 comments:

  1. The colors are gorgeous and I love the dimension of the gulls!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, your wet works keep blowing me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! What gorgeous dimension you've created with your coloring :)

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty
    Stampin On Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job..your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me do send your very good friends ( thank you ) it good to meet new friends. love a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete