August 15, 2014

Watercolor Emboss Resist with Folders as Stamps







I'm playing around again. This time I'm making backgrounds with the Emboss Resist Method. You take your big background stamp, powder emboss & heat. Then the fun really begins- swirling paints and splashing distress stains.

Yep, lot's of fun. I made these two for the "lesson" at 101: Watercolor- create a watercolor background with emboss resist.

If you visit 101: Watercolor you can review some great videos showing in detail the process of Emboss Resist.

My trick today is that I don't have any large background stamps. "What's a girl to do?" Well, she makes stamps out of her embossing folder collection.


 





NEW HINT:  I use Versa Mark on embossing folders! I securely tape the folder down and apply Versa Mark heavily. Carefully place my watercolor paper on the folder, cover with copy paper and rub the image firmly without moving the watercolor paper. Gently pull away the paper and emboss as usual.  I've been embossing from the back lately- seems to work out best. Cool, huh?

Thanks so much for dropping by, I hope I had a few things you liked. Try the folder as a stamp. You may have to practice a little- but it does work!

Cheers, Victoria Lavender 






I am sharing this post with these cool challenges:


5 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, Victoria! Beautiful effect!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - and I am looking forward to learning more~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards look neat...when I have more time I am definitely going to chekc out your Watercolor 101 blog...I'm a newbie with water coloring . I love the look of watercoloring, and would like to learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya- thanks for helping w/ my email test. xx

    ReplyDelete