June 9, 2014

Tropical Illusion 1-2-3











1) I found some FUN to get into! Darnell Knauss is running a "neato" challenge today. She's daring us to use that stuff we relentlessly buy and then squirrel away. She calls it "NBUS" (never-before-used schtuff). My ribbon in Yellow, Red and Orange is so old I'm ashamed! I bought a pack of 6 colors of ribbon from Oriental Traders in 2008! And today I finally unwrapped it! The sentiment is from a set I designed a few months ago but never used yet. The set is called "So Sweet" and it's the prize at AAA Cards this week.

2) Over at CAS(E) this Sketch there's an intriguing sketch I so wanted to play.

3) And at FUSION Card Challenge  I came across the most delightful color combo challenge. I'm kinda close to their sketch too.

My title "Tropical Illusion" was the name of my senior prom (1976 whew!) My best friend and I were on the committee to name the prom. We all liked the tropical idea, Laura said aloud "it would have to be a Tropical Illusion", and the name stuck.






















CAS(E) this Sketch
Fusion Card Challenge
djkardcreations, NBUS Challenge


21 comments:

  1. Love the colors, ribbons and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Fun and dare I say So Neato!! Cool color choices and I love the ribbons as the cas sketch of deign going down one side!! Very cool and you did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you nailed these challenges Victoria! A fabulous take on the sketch and great way to use the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! This truly is a neat-o card, my friend! Love the column of bows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always "so neato" to hear from you! Thanks and have a great week!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed "Neato", Victoria! Great use of the colors. I'm so proud of you digging out NBUS and making such a glorious creation. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proud?.... I've got MORE NBUS all over the place. I'm a bad little girl (oh if my husband only knew!) Are you joining AAA Cards this week? Love seeing your stuff! Hugs- V

      Delete
  7. The card is brilliant, but so are the photos with that blingy shine from one of the sequins. How'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, and the blingy shine is a setting on my Olympus camera called "sparkle". My favorite setting is "Miniature" it blurs edges here and there like you're photographing model villages. (Like Thomas in Sodor) hugs and smiles!

      Delete
  8. Adorable take on the sketches! What a great job you did. Even more, love your post! Sure made me smile!! You're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, you are a renowned sweetie! Who's your vote for this weeks game? hugs

      Delete
  9. What a unique and colorful card, Victoria! Just look at those pretty little ribbons so happy to be free at last!! And your "so neato" sediment is really fabulous! Your creation fits perfectly in all these challenges and I thank you so much for joining in my NBUS one! And for spreading the word! It's very much appreciated (and comforting to know I'm not the only one guilty of having lots of NBUS!)! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative card...and a perfect fit for the challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great color and creative design. The colorful ribbons are the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those bows are too much fun. Thanks for joining in at fusion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colours Victoria! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. Love your bows. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and CAS(E) this sketch.

    ReplyDelete