June 8, 2014

Hang In There Baby!










We are starting AAA Cards CAS Challenge #6 today! A popular game- sketch and colors!  I've still got kitties on the brain (last week the theme was cats).  When I designed this card I knew it was going to be an all graphics number. I searched yahoo images and located these 4 individual cats in full color photos. In Corel x4, I converted the images in to greytones and that allowed me to then convert one more time as duotones. I then colored them in the colors of our game, lime, turquoise, hot pink and tangerine. The kitties tightrope is delicately lined with stickles star dust

I know there are folks that don't appreciative computer generated cards. I don't use pre-purchased designs or layouts. My sentiments are designed by me, for instance, the wave going on with the sentiment took some editing skill. Knowing how to manipulate images is also key to my art. I am a published graphic designer, mostly that means that my ads have been printed in various magazines.  At AAA Cards challenges we welcome those who make CAS cards- however they get made and you like what you did.

Go over to AAA Cards! You'll see our DT's cards and they are enlightening and terrific!



play "ENJOY"


 

  sharing with:
Stamping Sensations, Animal Antics
Inkspirational #58 Clean & simple

16 comments:

  1. Love those colored cats! More power to you using your skill~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with these darling kittens, Vic! I'm so sorry to have missed the AAA Challenge two weeks in a row but I've been away from home longer than expected. Now it looks as though it may be Friday before I'm back with my beloved crafting supplies and camera. Hope to be playing along before the challenge ends. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back just to say it would be great if you could give us a link to AAA Cards in your post. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are back, your presence was missed. I think this game ends fri at 6pm. Did you notice the sneak preview we've added to the side bar? Thanks for the heads up on the lack at AAA address. It's what happens to me when I'm up too late :) smiles and hugs, Victoria

      Delete
  4. A super card Victoria, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. Stamping Sensations is a fun place! Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely adorable! So creative...love those colored kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how you made this card (yes, I read what you wrote and it's all Greek to me lol!), but I absolutely LOVE the finished product!! Those cats look awesome in their beautiful colors! This reminds me of a Little Golden Book I had when I was a child, there were cats that got into cans of paint and ended up different colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute colors and fun message!! Love this it made me smile and even giggle a little!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cute computer cats. Think they are such an amazing twist on the sketch and you are one very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love what you did here. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... I love those kittens! Very original and great use of color. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card to give to a friend to encourage and support them. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Victoria thanks for your lovely love on my Blog...you know what I inspired from your car because you did not use any ribbon and I have to think which Image is long enough for this sketch..love the cats there it looks like the are really play on the rope...you have a great idea...love your card..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's very clever how you manipulated the cat images into the different colours. Great design! Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete