May 12, 2014

See-through Acetate Card












We just began game 2 of AAA Cards today. And it's a quiet start (we're so brand spankin' new). I dropped by our Paper Playful neighbor, Poppy Sketches, to see how they are doing. They are new too, they are just at game 4.  I took their sketch and colors, twisted and balled them all up and came up with this!

Over at CASE Study, they have an artist who's card is quite unique. So in my mind, as I tangled up Poppy Sketches, I was hoping to work up a card to use at CASE Study too. So...da da!

One little problem, I've got this red cast in my photo. The basket behind is hot pink and the distress stickles in the background is pink too...but everything comes off a little reddish. WHICH IS MESSING UP MY INK COLOR #@&*%##!!!  I used Tim Holtz distress pens, and that looks like blue instead of a minty color. C'est la vie'

recipe:
Classic Linen, Natural White Cardstock
Tim Holtz Seasonals Markers, Picked Raspberry & Ripe Persimmon (mixed), Mowed Lawn, and Peacock Feathers mixed with Mowed Lawn. I was really trying to get the colors right (rats)
Clear Acetate
Stamps from Jillibean, Handwritten Sentiments
MementoLuxe, Tuxedo Black (and it was still wet when I took the pic's)
Martha Stewart Clear Fine Glitter (I hoped to dry up the ink a bit :)

I had fun making this card, I like the technique, but it took ALL day to dry.

Hey, thanks for the visit, drop by anytime! Drop by AAA Cards CAS Challenge and play a round with us too. Cheers, Victoria Lavender




Sharing at:

Poppy Sketches, mint-lt green-peach w/ sketch
CASE Study, Wida

































10 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh I love this card! What a cool technique, thanks for sharing and playing with us at Poppy Sketches!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I hate it when cards take forever to dry! But, you know, such a cute card - you always pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW DID YOU GET THAT SENTIMENT STAMPED IN THE WINDOW? it's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the bold pops of color against the white. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool technique!!! FABULOUS results!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!!! I definitely want to check out the AAA Card Challenge too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card, Vicki! I've enjoyed coming back and enjoying more of your blog. You have lots of cool schtuff and tons of energy! It was cool to find the AAA challenges, too.

    I'm your newest follower and hope you'll come and follow me, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work!
    Thanks for playing with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing!!! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!! I really like the fun technique you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete