May 20, 2014

CASEing Linda Beesom







Happy Monday! (or Tuesday by the time I post) I’m writing from Las Cruses, New Mexico. Yesterday we were in Silver City, NM, visiting the Trone Mine with a large group of fellow mining engineers. My husband is a mining engineer with Mintec, Inc. They are the creators of “Minesight” a mining program used internationally. But on to cards!















AAA Cards is in their 3rd game this week, its called “Inspire”. It’s a CASE game and the guest artist is Lee Beesom. Linda has some incredible cards at her blog called "Paper Cutting kind of Day". I had an opportunity to use color wash again- gee whiz I like watercolors!

Such fun in casing a card, the example is so colorful and bright with a cool stenciled background. In my card I’ve created the sentiments from a digital vicki stamps set I’ve called “Happy Joy”. Outside of drying time this card was a quickie. I need that after the last card. If you read the post before this one you’ll see the card that took 2 days to dry!



Recipe:
DCWV cardstock
old watercolor paints
old watercolor pencils
old watercolor paper
old ribbon from SAS fabrics
3M double sided tape and Pop tape
vicki stamps digi  (easy peasy)










Please take a quick visit to AAA Cards, maybe you’ll be “Inspired” to play along too!
I wish you all  a Happy week, thanks for visiting, Victoria

also sharing with:

6 comments:

  1. LOVE how you stamped all the "smiles" and love the background!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I used to live within walking distance to the Wilbur chocolate factory and many days you could walk out your front door to find the smell of chocolate wafting through the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolor background looks fabulous Victoria!
    A card that serves it purpose... it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondered where you were! Great card Victoria, so sunny and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. Love it. Have fun in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria, this could not be any more fun or happy! Of course I smile every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am so late getting here to comment on this card, Victoria. I think it is stah-unning to the max! That background rocks! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete