May 26, 2014

Schools Out! Big Prize at AAA Cards & Freebie!







Hello, It's Memorial Day in the U.S. We're celebrating by having ton's of kids over. 8 kids paryting and swimming, hollaring and playing all day yesterday. (Grands and Nefs). 4 spent the night and I've plopped them OUTSIDE with morning rolls and pop tarts and chocolate milk. In their jammies with shoes- I hope the neighbors enjoy them! Bill Cosby would be proud. (I am SO worn out :)

I made my card in "honor" that the kids are out of school and nanas' (me) summer babysitting has begun.

This is my third card made in chalkboard effect. I like this one best. But this one is much more digitally done. I created a chalkboard background with greens, yellow and greys, and my sentiment is created by me too. I did hand color the border and the flowers in "summer'. I scanned a crayon from the kids collection. My DCWV paper and crayons are glued down in a flat layer and only the chalkboard is raised with pop tape.

This is my DT card for this weeks challenge at AAA Cards CAS Challenge. The game is called "Create" and the hint is chalkboards. We're encouraging folks to try something new. Maybe you'll join us and try your hand at a chalkboard card too. By hand or digital or altered cards are always welcome at AAA Cards.



My second card is for Mod Squad. They've got a three up sketch and I was itching to play with some washi tape. I needed an easy card to create (cause it's 5:00 pm and I'm still babysitting :) I have boys on the brain, this card and the one above could be used for boys. Hmmmm, this one could be a Christmas card too.I used new Kraft cardstock and a couple pieces of scrap paper, assorted washi tapes, old ribbons and star punch.

Someone has since asked me about the pattered paper behind the stars...its gold scrap cardstock with the same washi tapes used as the stars. With the stars, I covered scrap white with washi and later used a punch.

Thanks 4 the visit! Have a Happy Summer! Victoria







Card One:
Annabelle Stamps, sketch June 10
Song in Your He(art) #7 Boys
Send a Smile 4 Kids, kids cards

Card Two:
Mod Squad, sketch ......Alright! I won the designer paper prize!
The Kraft Journal, #173 Clean and Simple
52 Christmas Cards Throwdown, "old, new borrowed and blue".... I've all but borrowed


14 comments:

  1. ... and I just love your approach to todays challenge! This screams - "you cute kids get back to school"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the little doodling in the 'summer' part of the sentiment!
    So cool!
    Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards...I can relate to the first one, as I only have 10 days left! WooHooo! The second card that is for the Mod Sqaud challenge is wonderful too! Love the Washi tape hearts....BRILLIANT idea! Thanks for joining us at Mod Squad...hope to see more of your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your CAS cards are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello there, Victoria!

    I love both of these cards! The crayons (and cool sketch) can't be beat for cuteness, and there's something really fun about that second card and the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've used the washi tape on the star shapes and across the patterned paper - looks so pretty and I do like pretty!
    Your photos are always so beautifully arranged with a variety of backgrounds and objects. And so clear, no shadows - I could do with some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I love the ideas on how to use the washi tape. I am new to using them so not all that sure of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun cards! Great patterns! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and enjoy the rest of your week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. des couleurs fun et une version colorée et festive des classiques étoiles, très jolie création Victoria, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great CAS card! Love the stars!Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is soooo creative! I especially love those crayons at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very modern and colourful card for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT.
    Hugs
    Gill x
    52 CCT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete