August 14, 2011

Lavender Sachet Card, The Case Study, casing Claire Buswell

Case Study #52, My Lavender Card. It's about time I made a lavender card.


Claire Buswell's sachet card
. Pretty!


I poured over Clair Buswell's blog, "Claire's Creations". Wow! She has soooo many cards! All quite lovely and I enjoyed looking at the crafts she made along the way as well. I finally saw one close to my heart. A lavender sachet card. It was so pretty and feminine. I gave it a go.


I still had some medallions left over from my last card for Case Study so I thought long and hard. Her sachet is removable...I made mine as the card. My lavender sachet lies between the card body and the face paper. Showing through a hole on both sides. To accent the front opening I cut a slightly smaller hole in the medallion and used pop tape for depth. Little pearls rim the filigree edge.


I made my face paper. I scanned a light green paper that had a nice pattern, and I change the hue to violet and printed it. I scored the entire piece (the hole's were punched at the start of making the card). I filed down the all ridges and roughed up the paper. I used purple, raspberry and sky blue inks to finish my shabby look. There is a lavender print cutout in the interior of the card and peeks through the opening.


The corsage is made from self dyed snug hug seam ribbon and a tattered sheer ribbon. I frayed all edges too. Flowers are from the racks at Joanns and the pins are from the same floral racks. I pulled them out from the bunch they come in. Finishing up with a little oval computer tag wedged under the pearl button .

Claire's crafts and cards blogspot is fun to visit and get new ideas from. Even her site is nicely put together. Go take a peek yourself, and thanks for the visit to me too!





Our Daily Bread Designs is a new blog I visit. I just feel warm all over when I go there. Maybe it's the music, maybe the cards and the wonderful designers.....still, I like it. They have a current challenge for "Tags". Give them a visit sometime, maybe you'll get that warm feeling too.

This card is also entered in these fabby challenges:
Incy Wincy, something old and new
(my newly made paper and the left over medallion)
Blog-a-Doodle, Ribbon & Punch & Pearls
Fussy and Fancy, Use a Lot
The Pixie Cottage, Say it with Flowers
A spoon Full of Sugar, Happy Birthday
Anything Goes Challenge Blog, Happy Birthday

14 comments:

  1. This is soft and beautiful, I love the colors, and I love lavender too, you are so creative!
    Thanks for your sweet comment for my little blog, I'll be here often! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, so perfect! Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria! I love this card! What a great idea! You did such a lovely job too! Your pretty embellishments add just the right touch! I will have to try this myself! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy this week!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and beautiful Sachet card. So creative!! Love the colors and details!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully clever CASE of Clare's sachet card...the colors you chose are beautiful and the medallion is the perfect accent! I have a bunchof medallions left over too, I love when I can find a good use for them...just like you did! Great job, Vicki...you are super creative and I love to see the ideas you come up with! Thanks for sharing with us at CASE Study! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a clever and beautifully scented CASE of Clare's card! I feel like I could smell that lovely lavender through my monitor! :D
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... this is AWESOME!!! loving the lavender, the dies and all the gorgoues little details you added to make it your own!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victoria, your shaker card is beautiful! I bet it smells wonderful too :) !!! Thank you for playing the ODBDSLC with us...hgus ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous and unusual card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, fab colouring.

    Thanks for joining us time at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. It's so pretty. Gorgeous job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lavender for the Lavender! Yummy delicious card Victoria! You are a smarty pants! I love it. Your creative juices are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card. Beautiful design. I have worked for the plastic business cards and this card inspire me so much. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable..shades are going well along with design makes your card prominent than others.....

    ReplyDelete