August 6, 2011

Case Study One Year Anniversary, Casing Andrea Ewen

My card for this challenge -


Greeting! Case Study Challenge is one year old! The fun and talent has been outstanding!

After I followed along with their fabulous blog hop, I went to work on the challenge. Case your favorite CSC designer! They are all sooooooo GOOD! Sometime when you find yourself checking out Case Study, you really should look up the individual designers blog spots.....they are wonderful to see and learn from.

I cased Andrea Ewen of "Ewen Style. She makes cards I would love to receive! Romantic and soft, sometimes clean, sometimes shabby. Sometimes she jumps out of her flowers and makes bright cards. I love the stitching, the lace and flowers the most but her other creations are just as lovely and smart! I enjoy that she has her style "down" and can still break away to do something I wasn't expecting. I like that.



The card I selected is from a Verve Challenge. I learned to cut these medallions from Andrea, so it seems like the perfect choice to case and share with you.

My face paper is from "The Linen Closet, DCWV. Card body and medallion, Bright White Index. Lace from SAS, Ribbon is Snug Hug, stick-on pearls from Joann's. Stick pins made from assorted stuff from the my craft box.

Thanks so much for the visit! I wish you luck if you are playing along, those of you who aren't.....check out the DT's blogs. Have a great day!







This card is also entered with these fabby challenges:
Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, Use Punches
Catch The Bug Challenge, Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread Design, Seamstress Items
Scrap Creations, Bows

UPDATE: I picked up blog candy from designer Julie Smith's blog during The Case Study Anniversary Blog Hop, AND, I won a badge for Top 3 at Scrap-Creations and their "Bows" challenge. I agree too, this is a great bow-one of my best with handmade stick pins. Our Daily Bread randomly selected me for $15.00 discount on future stamp purchases. Whee!

Thanks for the sweet comments folks! Have a great week, Vicki

11 comments:

  1. Such a Beautiful card! I just love all the little touches like the pearls and the BOW--WOW it is fab! Great colors too!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great CASE, you did an amazing job. Love everything about your card...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and elegant all in one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, soft card! This CASE totally echoes Andrea's fabulous style and your own too!
    Thanks for partying along with us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and I love the delicate lacey background. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Victoria...thank you so much for your wonderful introduction...it gave me such a happy feeling! Your card is absolutely incredible...you've got that medallion technique down pat! The ribbons, those lovely stick pins and the beautiful papers you used come together fabulously and really compliment each other! So glad you're joining our celebration at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card! thanks for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about CASE Study! You made Andrea proud with your amazing take on her design... it's breathtaking! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb creation. Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug and our Anything Goes challenge for August.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card!! I just love the colors, the hatpins and the doily. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Victoria, your cased version is gorgeous! Love all the fabbo details! Thank you for joining us at the ODBSLC this week! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete