June 1, 2011

Making a Mini Seed Packet from Your Printer/Scanner!


Time for a weekly challenge card. I found two spots that got me started. Card Patterns and Tuesday Throwdowns. Great pattern to follow and making my own embellishments is always a favorite for me. Today I wanted to use a seed packet on the card but most of the time they are too large. So I demonstrate the process to how I got a mini seed packet. Also, three other challenges offer to me a lot of fun this week. The Shabby Tea Room is having a Recipe Challenge. "2-4-6", Two patterned papers, four buttons (I'm using 2 chipboard buttons & 2 plastic), 6 layers. One Stop Craft Challenge is "Ribbons and Bows", and Ribbon Carousel Challenge is "anything off a spool".

Let's make an Embellishment! (Click on image to enlarge)



First I took some nice seed packets and put them in the scanner. Using whatever layout program you like (I use Corel 14, Word should work) import and minimize the image to your liking. Leave a half inch border around the image to cut along. In the image I drew lines to show you (and me) where to cut. Cut out a piece of cardstock to fit the same size as the new seed packet. Now score along the image edges, fold toward the back and cut away the corners.



Test your backing piece (the cardstock) for a good fit. Take a few beads (or seeds!) and put into the open seed packet, drop in the cardstock back and start gluing the flaps down. I used tacky glue and didn't have to use that brick after all.



WaaLaa...mini seed packet! Looks good too. I sanded the edges and lightly inked it to show age before it was secured to my card. So a new card, a new embellishment and I had fun playing in my studio. It's all good.

Peace and love, Vicki

Wheeeeee! Update: I won Top 3 at Tuesday Throwndown! I'm a bit stunned. I was unhappy with the card, until yesterday. I pulled out the pearl strands and fell in love with the card again. But it won from the photo with the strands. I'm still quite happy. I won a side badge to go along with my first two wins with Case Study and Pals Paper Arts. Making cards is lots of fun. Winning here and there adds a bit a thrill.

Wheeeee Again, this card has also won with Cards Patterns! WhooHoo!



6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the little seed packet you added. So glad you could join us this week on Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!!! Love the colors and the ribbbon and seed packet are perfect :-)Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that wonderful creation! The seed pack is very pretty with the embossing. So glad you shared with us at TT this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and wonderful idea. Thanks for the instructions! I am a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful projects.
    Cindy Porter http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/
    come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for showing us how to do those mini seed packets. They look so sweet. And congrats on your wins, too! THat always feels good. :)

    ReplyDelete