May 24, 2015

AAA Cards #40 The Masculine Touch


















Whew........still recovering from our huge, fun and crazy AAA Cards birthday and hop extravaganza! It was a total ball! Many, many thanks and hugs to you who partied with us! Check back on Sunday, May 31st to see the winners of all the birthday prizes (tons).

Jane, co captain at AAA Cards, is taking a turn at the wheel and has created a game for the guys. It's challenge #40 For the Guys (duh Vicki). Click to play the game HERE

I thought I'd make something my husband might like. My stuff is pretty cute and Lawn Fawn-ish lately. I found a nice drawing and saved it to the computer. I lightened the lines a lot, so that I could waterpaint. I did my painting with (still my favorite) Derwent Inktense Pencils. They're just the greatest thing! (of course there's always something new around the corner...I think it's gonna be Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens).


After the watercolor dried, I was able to fancy up my card. Below shows what I did.








So, right after I finished painting...guess who came into my craftroom to see what I was up too. His eyes quickly zeroed in and he said this was really cool! Then I told him it was for him.
Oh, well. No surprise, but he does like it!

Drop by the game and leave a manly card with us! CYA soon, Victoria






15 comments:

  1. Thats so funny that your hubby sneaked a peek - men what are they like! Loved the tutorial Victoria and that tip about leaving the card taped until it's dry is one I'll definitely be using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - I absolutely love the watercolouring on the car - you have inspired to break out my Inktense pencils again :) The tutorial is really good too - the pictures clearly show the process and are really easy to follow - I may try that but I will have to remember to take pictures along the way! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and amazing with your coloring! Fun tutorial~ It's been a pleasure being on this team with you [thanks for having me!]-- I'll be playing!

    ps - kind of crazy we never met since we only live an hour apart! ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both still live an hour apart :) Although I do describe the highway in that area as the Bermuda Triangle. Have you ever noticed how many accidents happen near Casa Grand and Picacho mountain. Next time we plan a trip to the Casa Granda Pueblo, I'll let you know. That could be cool!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic, my friend! Great step by step instructions, too. Thanks for those. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweets! I was worried I'd kill the painting with the mist. But all is well. Thanks for dropping by again Connie. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Cool card and love your neat masking! The sun rays falls beautifully on the beautifully painted card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply brilliant Victoria. Great photo tutorial and a superb card for the guys.
    Love the fun sentiment too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your terrific card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and thanks for visiting too. Happy day to ya!

      Delete
  8. Vistoria, this card is awesome! Very interesting process - thanks for sharing that. Also the tip on letting the watercolor paper dry before un-taping it. Your watercoloring is fantastic, and what a great idea to stencil the sun rays behind the car image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria, this is absolutely, positively, GORGEOUS!! I adore the image and how you colored it is truly a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victoria, your card is fantastic! And your tutorial such an added bonus! I think you had me holding my breath at a couple points, excited to see the 'unveiling'!
    I sent you a note about my win over at AAA (THANK YOU!); hopefully you received it. Actually, I sent two, just to be on the safe side *grin*
    Hugs~c (Carol from just me: c)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Victoria and I always love to see a tutorial on how a card was created...

    ReplyDelete