August 3, 2014

All you need is Ice Cream and Watercolors








 

It's Summer and I'll play with popsicles all month! I had been making my own, and now I have my Simon Says Stamp "Ice Cream Dreams" set and a new SSS card kit.

I am having a very nice and much needed quiet Summer. Last year my husband started his battle against cancer and it's looking like he won. And my sisters fiancee was killed in a motorcycle accident (his family booted her out of his home ASAP-scum). So I really am enjoying the peace this year. And yes, I count my blessings daily!

I started making cards again this past February as my husband was getting better. Now I'm head over heels loving CAS Cards!  Which leads us to my challenge- AAA CAS Card Challenges. The best team of artists are here offering a new CAS challenge each week. This week we are revisiting WATERCOLOR.

Take a moment to visit AAA Cards. Check out the great DT cards and become involved in creating clean, mailable cards with us! Thanks so much for dropping by. Hugs ya'll.

Items used: Kelly Smooth Cardstock 110# Bright white, Distress stains; shaded lilac, salty ocean & broken china,
 Ranger "Glossy Accents", Marvy corner punch, Simon Ssays Stamp "Ice Cream Dreams" set.



20 comments:

  1. Loving all your popsicle creations and the watercolour background is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane..Wish I could share a bowl of ice cream with you. Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. I absolutly love this card. I love watercolour always but these ice blocks are just brilliant. Such a wonderful card.
    I'm glad to hear your husband is doing so well and so sad to hear of your sisters heartbreak. My thoughts are with you, be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for enjoying the card! Life is easier this year, and greatly surrounded by 6 wild and fun grandkids. (only 1 little girl in the mix). Peace and hugs, Victoria

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card. Simple stunning with the pop of color and a saying that makes you smile. Love it! You have such a great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I hope things are getting back to normal for you. My husband was amazed to hear what happened to your husband. Such a cute card and nice technique by you this week too. Sugar & Cream- Victoria

      Delete
  4. Super fun ice cream card! Love the shiny popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! (world champion stamper) Have a good week! xx

      Delete
  5. A lovely card creation - I am just getting into using water colors so I have jumped over to AAA to join the challenge. Sorry about your husband's battle - happy to hear he is doing better and so sad about your sister's fiancee - how tragic - have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Gail! I appreciate your kind words. Things have been wonderful this summer- looking forward to a lovely autumn. wishing good times for you...Cheers

      Delete
  6. This card is awesome! I love it! Saw it on AAA Cards and I HAD to come over and Pin it, & tell you how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you Val (I have a sister named Val). glad you enjoy the card enough to Pin. I checked out your blog and Pinterest- very nice. I'm now following all your pins. Cheers, Victoria

      Delete
  7. Thanks sweetie! Big hugs to you, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole! Using any type of liquid crystal is so fun in watercoloring. I just checked out your Google+ page- gorgeous! Thanks for the visit here. Cheers, Victoria

      Delete
  9. Your card jumped out of the gallery photos. So cute. Great use of the little Popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria, I was admiring your card again today (it is by far my favorite in the galery!!) and I was wondering how you seperated the background from the coloring in the icecreams. Did you mask them all at once?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Testing email and comments connection. lalalalalalalalalalal

    ReplyDelete