July 27, 2014

Mason Jar Shaker Card









We have a delightful challenge this week at AAA CAS Card Challenges. Game #13 CREATE: make a shaker card. I made a shaker card a couple months ago. That card was made the way I always make them- with a paper case to hold the shaky stuff. This time I thought I'd try it with foam and die cuts. I've seen countless people make these on YouTube. And it is easy, and it is precise, and it looks good.....but it weighs a ton! The straw is cute, but pushes me into "nearly CAS". Nah, such is life.

My cute mason jar die is by Impression Obsession, something I picked up from BlueMoon Scrapbooking. The pink swiss dot paper is from a Simon Says Stamp card kit. I drew the wrinkles and shading on the jar lid. The white foam sheets I cut from have been in a craft box for nearly 9 years. About time I used them! And my pop tap is on the thin side, so it's doubled for his card. Heavy, man...heavy.





It's cute card, that I can not deny. It would be a pleasing gift. Thanks so much for visiting my latest card for AAA Cards. I wish you a happy upcoming week!







5 comments:

  1. The jar shape makes a fabulous shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute and clever card! I like the pink dotted background! Pink is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun shaker card, I like the way u added the straw !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is adorable! May be my favorite yet.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria, I just wanted to thank you so much for your lovely comments about my shaker card, your so sweet!! Shaker cards are definitely worth all the frustration and your card is gorgeous! Genius idea to have the straw through the top (would never have thought of that!!). And I love the painting in your latest post. What an amazing job you did cleaning it. Its stunning and I hope someone can give you more information about it.

    ReplyDelete