June 6, 2014

Sunshine Yellow Happiness













I saw Vicki Dutcher's card as the Muse, at the challenge blog Muse. Her example is such a fun card! I thought I'd try my hand at it. On my last shopping trip with BlueMoon Scrapbooking, I picked up some journal cards from the "Sn@p" Summer 3x4 set. I saw Kristina Werner do a card with a journaling card once. It looked pretty cool. I also thought I'd give anouther crack at stamping on acetate again too. I've added some shots below on the construction of this card.


Starting with some Blue Moon Scrapbooking loot








I selected 4 fun cards for my background and taped them together from the back





I trimmed down the background and proceeded to stamp (many times) on acetate with orange ink. A little clear glitter on top of the ink to "stabilize" it. Oh yeah! it's still wet (for a day). I over-sized the length of the tag so that when I apply it to the card it bows outward. Won't fit in an envelope.....but yada yada yada. I like it.

It's fun to experiment with acetate!




Hope you've enjoyed this mini demo in making cards from jounral cards.

Have a happy, happy sunshiney day!












Sharing at:
Muse #70................
CASology, Shine.................

13 comments:

  1. So cute! I never would have realized that you had four different cards for the background. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love journalling cards, they always seem to jump into my shopping basket! But I've never used them to make a card. Will be rectifying this now thanks to your demo. Clever you! 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined the different patterns for your background! LOVE the sentiment panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! Love the dimension of the curved panel! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ardyth! The sunshine card was fun to make and MUSE is such a great place! Happy belated B-day! Cheers, Victoria Lavender

      Delete
  5. What a sunny, happy card! And the curved acetate strip is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure brilliant love the way u added the sentiment, great use of colors and design :) awesomeness !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is as sunny as your blog header! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that John Denver song! What a sunny, shiny, happy card...cool dimension, too! (I also love your retro blog header!) So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Victoria! How fun to see your inspired card over at Muse! Love the background you made~ Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and cheery card and I love the bowed sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! It's so colorful and cheerful! I need to try that acetate stamping again, myself. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments! Stamping on the acetate is fun (but you need patience) experimenting is the really fun stuff. Cheers, Victoria Lavender

      Delete