June 15, 2014

AAA Cards Embossing Challenge













Good Morning this Happy Fathers Day! Poppy (grandfather Steve) is sill sleeping...and I'll let him. This morning at AAA Cards we are launching our 7th game/challenge! We are playing the game called "CREATE". The "CREATE" challenge is one all about techniques...this week we experiment with Embossing Techniques.

We love seeing a bit of pink in the cards and the dare is to use TWO different types of embossing. There's a few types, for instance...Dry Embossing with a stylus, Wet Embossing with paste, Folder Embossing, Powder Embossing, have I missed any? AAA Cards CAS Challenge has 7 artists (yep, I'm one), and we all have such different styles. I've really come to love CAS cards. These "simple:" cards have caused me way more thought in the creation of a card- and I like the challenge!





So, that card above had a few challenges in it's design. I had an idea to carry out....

Card mess number 1, with this card I loved the background. Got that part right 3 times. The ray burst is a different story. I used a clear embossing paste and covered it with lovely clear glitter. Looked white until it dried.

Card 2.....hmmm the first is too clear, I'll use white glitter! Still dried kinda clear- and I messed up the powder embossing.

Card 3. With a little more thought...I added white paint to my embossing paste and covered it afterwards with white flock. Eureka! Got the look I wanted! A vibrant, bright and modern CAS creation.

Please visit AAA Cards CAS Challenge and test yourself with an embossing challenge, it's just so fun to experiment and play with our toys! There's stamp prize this week from BlueMoon Scrapbooking too!




recipe:
Straford 110 lb watercolor cold pressed paper
Black craft cardstock, Michaels (house brand?)
Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi Sunbirst stencil
Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi Clear Embossing Paste
jillibean Handwritten Sentiments stamp
Distrtess Stains, Pickled Rassberry and Festive Berries
Antique sequins


From "Sunny in Tucson"- take care ya'll!













showing at:

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the added gems and sequins too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say Thanks for joining in at JUGS! :)

      Delete
  2. Well... I can't think of a better description... bright, vibrant... modern! Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I'm not the only one who does one card, another card, etc., trying to get them "just right". Love your finished product. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and graphic cards. The bright pink is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stylish and vibrant creation Victoria. Unfortunately this week is a one layer challenge as Less is More, do check the guidelines if you are unsure.
    Please do join us again at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! Love the pink background with the added bling. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so striking, Victoria ... the vibrant colours really pop against the black and the touch of bling is perfect! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words ... it's much appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow simply stunning, bright and gorgeous colour scheme, wonderful layout and CAS perfect.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly wonderful Victoria! It's good to be back home so that I can comment on posts from my large screen desk top and instead of the cell phone. The bright pink and embossings are might fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just truly stunning, the colours just pop, I love this. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card Victoria... love the touch of bling!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing take on the theme - glorious pink too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this .... the colour is fab, the design and layout is perfect and the touch of bling really finishes everything off nicely
    Linda xx
    LIM Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who can ever miss seeing this card in a gallery, this is such a beauty, love the vibrant colors :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning card Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning! I love the bold colour and the touch of sparkle. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards! I love the bright pink! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous colourful PINK card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come and join us again next time for more fun :o)
    Pia

    ReplyDelete