January 31, 2013

Eames Herman Miller Mid Century Style Lounge Chair




Holy Grail of Craigslist shopping!
I found a vintage, cira 1970's--Eames Herman Miller Lounge Chair. 
If you shop for mid century items....you can imagine my elation!








A real Eames Miller chair from 1950's will put you back about $5,000.00 dollars. A vintage 1970's production like this one is the kind you will see in antique shops for any where between $450.00 and $1000. There are new chairs too for around $1200.00.

Drum roll please........I paid $250.00 dollars cash! 

Thank goodness I quickly developed a fun relationship with the owner on the phone, because her phone ran off the hook for this item! Someone even gave her a hard time for setting up an appointment for me to see the chair, by claiming "isn't it first come first served?!"

Even my husband likes this chair. Granted though, that he will be adjusting the reclining base on the chair as it wiggles.

Thanks for the visit!, Victoria

I've shared this post at:
"Have a daily cup with Mrs. Olson's, Share your Cup" 
a living space: The Nifty Thrifty



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awesome chair! Valeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, this chair is so you! I have heard of the name before. But you know me, I'm just a rustic not modern type of gal. Great find though and I love the color! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for visiting...I just saw a Miller chair on Flea Market Flip. He didn't buy it...but maybe you saw the show.

    ReplyDelete