October 29, 2011

Friendship Card for The Crafty Pad Challenge #145

Happy Halloween folks! We started a new challenge today at The Crafty Pad. Challenge #145, "Friendship". I'm using a cute little digi stamp, "Roshell Friends with Basket", available at The Crafty Pad Design Store. Our sponsor this week is Michelle's Scrap with a rubber stamp prize, Best Hugs by Alisa Ramirez. The Crafty Pad DT's have assembled a lovely group of cards expressing "Friendship", come play along with us!

My card is actually a hanging card. It has both a hanging ribbon and a magnetic strip on the back.


My lovely card was a deceivingly easy make for me. I selected a favorite digi background and printed the back layer of the card. This included the white bordering that was later punched and the sentiment. I sized and printed two 11 inch x 2.5 strips for the medallion. My duck stamp is altered to white with a blue line, I do this in my Corel 14 graphic program. I also have handy my Martha Stewart border punch, it's wonderful. The last item was a printed 2.5 circle with the now white stamp on the same digi paper.

There is zig zag sewing around the faux border, and I punched the medallion strip too before the folding. I've used a single blue silk rose and punched out little leaves. Punched holes for the ribbon to be knotted through and a business card sized magnet on the back. Whee, beautiful and fast for me. I need that sometimes.

Thanks for visiting me and my latest creation, please feel free to look all around The Crafty Pad blog for great ideas to enhance your creative fun!


This card is also entered into these fine challenge:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge, Sketch Time (11/5)
Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog, #52 Clean and Simple (11/2)

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and delicate - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Victoria! I love that lacy border and the medallion is such a perfect focus point. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, it's beautiful! I fell in love with it whenever I set eyes on it!
    Good Luck in your challenges!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so delicate and pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect CAS card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete