October 1, 2011

The Crafty Pad Challenge, "One for the Boys" #141

Hi again, I'm still on vacation in Havre de Grace, Maryland enjoying the Susquehanna River and head of The Chesapeake Bay. This week for our challenge with The Crafty Pad we are having fun doing cards with the boys in mind. We are using some great element stamps by Debbie and they are available at The Crafty Pad Designs (our store). Digital stamps are so versatile. You can print them and then color, print out pre-colored, print just the outline in any color, size to your need, flip the image if you want or even print on pre-printed papers. Boy Howdy, what fun!




I really enjoyed these stamps. I used the little gears to create my bottom paper and I ran it through a crimper for effect. After locating a cute chain I created a paper pocket watch. I've used a couple colors of stickles to help give the sparkle of glass. Even the chain has stickles. A puffed length of ribbon as a bow beneath the watch, and ribbon and punched paper lace to wrap it up like a package. My sentiment is a "Vicki Stamp". That's what I call anything I've created digitally and saved for later use. Spellbinder punches create a good looking label.

I am starting to create my style a bit more. I like sharp detail that catches the eye. Looking completed but still less complicated than Shabby. Clean, well nearly. I haven't placed anything on this card that didn't need to be there. No extra "puff" because a bit of space is showing. Yet, I still don't have a "label" for my type of cards. Got any style name ideas?

I hope you've enjoyed my card and are looking forward to joining the challenges with us at The Crafty Pad each week.

Thanks for the visit! Have a great week. Peace.

My card is also entered in these wonderful challenge blogs:
Celebrate the Occasion, Challenge #32
Deep Ocean Challenge, #9 Happy Birthday (closes Oct 9th)
Die Cuttin Diva's, Challenge #34 Shabby Chic or Vintage
Paper and Such Design Blog, Challenge Time "Recipe" pick 3 (paper lace, ribbon, digital paper-my favorite one) (close Oct 8th)
Inky Impressions Challenges, #26 Punches or Dies
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge, #173 Sentiment as a Focal Point
Stamping Royalty, KISS (Keep it Simple Sweetie)
Shelly's Images Blog, "Recipe", (Silver, FREE, Digi) (close Oct 6th)

13 comments:

  1. I love your Vicki stamp! I love what you did with the pocket watch too!
    Fantastic card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo gorgeouss :0 thanks for joining the Inky Impressions challenge :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and elegant. Love the ribbon. Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love how you added the clock to the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Victoria, lovely work indeed. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria this is a stunning card and beautiful detail, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful details, the ribbon with our clock are just lovely! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO, hope to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely card!
    Your watch is stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Wonderful work, i particularly like your nice clock!

    Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean this fortnight! Hugs, Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. or I think when you mix digi and hand it is called Hybrid....so hybrid classic....I definately think they are classic...one of a kind Victoria! truly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo, love the way you did the pocket watch with all the sparkle, Victoria. Nesting it in the middle of that magnificent bow is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete