October 16, 2011

The Crafty Pad #143 Monochromatic Challenge, My Pencil Holder and Reindeer Pencil Topper

Monochromatic Challenge with The Crafty Pad. Our stamp we are using for challenge examples is "Albert Snoozing" and he's available at The Crafty Pad Design Store. I just returned from a nice long trip to Maryland, and beside putting my house back together (1 son, 1 dog and 5 cats can trash a house when Mom is away) I needed to come up with my DT project quick!

I decided to make something that could also be used as a last minute gift item. My Grandmother used to keep a shelf in the closet for odd gifts she had made or purchased throughout the year. She was always ready with a present for ANY occasion:) While you're here please take a quick peek at my Reindeer Pencil Topper too! (Seen in the pencil box and a post at Victoria Lavender and Kids4Crafts) I wish I still had my Grandmom, this is the type of project she might have taught me once upon a time. She and my mom were great at sharing crafts with us as children. My sister, Kemi, and I shared this project with lots of kids already when we used to run "Kids 4 Crafts" demo sessions in Tucson and our crafting blogsite.



My little pencil holder box started out life as a Jack O' Lantern Box from Micheal's. I resurfaced the pumpkin face with "Albert". I made three layers out of him. He has a base scene, cutout of him and third layer cut outs of his hat and tacklebox. All nicely pop taped. Oh I wished I could have found my Cinnamon sticks, it would have smelled so good! But I've used twigs from the yard. Also used were natural wood buttons and hemp cord. Simple, manly and monochrome.

As always....THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS VISIT! Please take a second to check out the Reindeer and/or wander around Kids4Crafts. I'm looking for GT's for weekly posts on great family crafting. If you are playing the challenge at The Crafty Pad....Thanks so much - is'nt it fun! If you aren't...whats keeping you? Join the fun. Peace.


This card is also entered in these wonderful challenge blogs:
Wags'n Whiskers Stamps, Fall Colors (10/27)
Joyful Stamper, Inspire Me Fridays, "Always Anything Goes" (10/26)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog, "Masculine" (10/21)
Southern Girls Challenge, "Slugs, snails and puppydog tails" (10/17)

10 comments:

  1. Great repurposing! Love the reindeer pencil toppers. Fun tutorial. Thanks for that one. How nice that you were able to get away for a bit. Are we going to see lovely pictures of Maine in the fall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project that would also make a great gift!! I love your adorable image too - twigs work just as well as cinamon sticks. Thanks for sharing your rustic and cute creation with us at Wags n Whiskers. Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project, its sooo cute! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is so darling. You did an amazing job with it. What a great idea, and so versatile for gifts and such. Thanks for joining us at Wags-n-Whiskers, and best of luck in the random draw. We really hope you will join us again because talent like yours is so greatly appreciated. You;re a fun artist with fantastic ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Karen - Design Team Member
    Wags-n-Whiskers
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria! This is just great! I love everything about it! & that little reindeer topper pencil makes me smile every time I look at him!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! and I can totally imagine cinnamin (sp) sticks! who the heck would think of that ("you!") Very eco friendly Victoria...nice! Think my 13 year old boy will go for this or do I have to put a vintage pin up on the front! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant Halloween project Victoria! thank you so much for entering in our Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty box. Thank you for joining Wags´n whiskers challenge

    ReplyDelete