September 10, 2011

The Crafty Pad, I've just become a Design Team Member.

Hello, I'm all excited! I just took a post as a 3 month/weekly designer with the team at The Crafty Pad. This is my first time in a DT spot. Now to conquer my weakness....stamps! Our blog is open to all participants but they do love seeing their stamps. Using their stamps will get you placed into a separate drawing to win digi's. Each week we have a Winner and Top 3 for badges. The Winner receives a 10pound voucher with the sponsor of that week. Yep, The Crafty Pad is located in the UK. I must be nearly 5000 miles away. I'll be loading my posts the night before....so you smarty pants know how to use that info right?


Stamps at the Crafty Pad are designed by Debbie and sold under "The Crafty Pad Designs". Check them out if you visit the challenge (just takes a moment).

This week our challenge is: #138 Goodbye Summer, using Autumn colors. My stamp is "Jeremy Popping Round". Out sponsor for this challenge is "Digital Downloads". They have all kinds of goodies for download purchase to enhance your card and scrapbook crafting.



To create my card I started by taking the digi apart on Corel 14. A fab graphics program I started using when I was still working as a graphic designer. After creating components from the original stamp, I added some digi backgrounds and printed out everything on cardstock. They were then cut out and pieced together. The face paper is zigzag sewn, grass layer is taped flat and the image is set on pop up tape. My new thing is shredding ribbon tags and they are set with buttons. A couple apple rhinestones to accent Fall and I have a cute autumn birthday card. I hope you all enjoy it. I wish you peace and happiness, CYA next week with the next Crafty Pad Challenge.

Card Body, DCWV rust/salmon
Digi papers (various from my VAST files)
Digi stamp by Debbie, The Crafty Pad Designs (Jeremy Popping Round)
Stickles, Diamond, Yellow, Orange
Colorbox Petals, autumn colors & black
Rhinestones
SAS sheer ribbon, gold
Buttons, Oriental Traders, avocado













This card is also entered in these fabulous challenges:
Clearly i Stamp, Patterned Papers
The Poodle Parlour, Animal Antics
Craft Us Crazy, Autumn Colors and Favorite Embellishments
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge, Birthdays
Crafting for all Seasons, Birthdays
Digistamps4joy, The Colors of Fall
Totally Paper Crafts, Cute with Buttons
Bearly Mine Challenges, Use 2 or more buttons

UPDATE: This card was a Poodle Pick at Poodle Parlour. Whee!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your DT! I'm looking forward to playing in the Crafty Pad challenges. Love little Jeremy in this image and the paper piecing you did! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and a huge big welcome to The Crafty Pad Victoria - it will be a pleasure to be working with you. :)
    I really adore your first card with us and love how you have used your own backing to fill in Jeremy and the tree - very effective. :)

    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Congrats on the DT position girl! I can't wait to see all the goodies you come up with over the next three months. This card is adorable and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card
    thank you for joining us at DS4J this fortnight Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card you have made here. Love that tree. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute card and congrats on your DT position! Thanks for joining our animal antics challenge at The Poodles Parlour this week.
    Tammy DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That´s such a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so gorgeous hun...

    thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour & tpc...and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. super card!!
    thanks for joining us at bearlymine this time would love to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet and fabulous creation!

    congrats to your dt-spot!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your CAS card. Thanks for joining us on the Digistamps 4 Joy "Colours of fall" challenge.
    luv n huggz
    Jen
    DS4J DT LEAD & CHALLENGE CO-ORDINATOR

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cute! What a lovely colors you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week.......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete