July 11, 2011

THAT Blue Flower!





Good Day! I'm jumping into the last few hours of Pals Paper Arts color challenge, Dark Blue, Medium Blue and Light blue. Monochromatic. And The Shabby Tea Room is musing with one of favorite designers...Andrea Ewen of "Ewen Style". Her muse card is lovely and the challenge is "Flower Power".

That Flower! That Flower! I may never make another again! My goodness that thing took me all morning to get right. Punches, cricut cuts, hot glue.......aahhhhhhhh!

My papers are from DCWV "The Tradewinds" and "Linen Closet". Spellbinders tag and rhinestone flowers and leaves, pin pearls (I made), blue and white half pearls (I love them), pop tape and machine sewing...no digital anything today. And a ribbon that is two colors of blue, but you can barely see it. I like those two pointed ribbons going upwards, I did that on my Haystack card recently.

Next I nearly destroyed my card...well after I took pictures and started pc editing...I found out my sentiment wouldn't photograph well. The font line was too thin and the computer was giving it an extra pixel look. I had to remove the label. I'm sure you've been here before. Ya know..pop tape doesn't want to come off easily. I destroyed the label. Had to start over anyway. This time in dark blue with a thicker "line" to my font. The font is named "Harrington".

Check out Ewen Style sometime. Andrea's work is incredible! Peace and Chicken.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, exquisite card! Love how you incorporated all the colors on this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is almost to beautiful for words! I'm a BIG fan of the color blue and I could hang this in a frame on my wall!!! Just a wonderful card!
    Cindy Porterhttp://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, this is unreal...it is like a piece of art! SO beautifully done! Thanks for sharing!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all that work and look at this beautiful card you created and I'm sure Andrea will be pleased when she sees this. Bravo Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning, Vicki! Those blue hues are so serene and that lace is beautiful! Love the sentiment panel and that awesome floral embellie, too! Superb!

    ReplyDelete