July 7, 2011

Hand Drawn Haystack / Case Study 47



Well, I back. My new computer is up and running and most of my programs are working. I have windows 7 now and a lot of my really old graphic files (like Hallmark, Create a Card, PrintMaster...) can not be read. So......we're keeping the old computer, adding an internet card and I'll grab files from the old disks this way. Best yet, my 6 year old grandson, Jachob, can play his Nick games while I sit next to him playing with my computer.

This week for Case Study we have a new muse, Dawn Woleslagle, she's a graphic artist and creates stamps. I should look into making stamps from my stuff....but how? Anybody know how to go about this while not owning a stamp maker? These thoughts were running through my head as I started figuring out my card. I'm a terrible stamper and I'm not gonna buy a $100 dollars in Coptic when I have watercolors and pencils. And then I thought about an image I made for thanksgiving cards for Operation Write Home. After finding just the right sentiment, I went to work in Corel 14. I designed the sentiment and the image. While casing the DT's cards I noticed the score embossing on them. My take is a little different, but I like it and that counts for a lot. I also used a sheer butterscotch ribbon and orange string ribbon with matching buttons. The little orange ribbon strips were added last, the look just came to me. This is one of the "cleanest" simple cards I've ever made. Less is More. It looks like I may be one of the first cards entered for Case Study 47. I was just so anxious to get back after being down. Take care and peace to all.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

My card is also entered with: Stamping Sisters in Christ


7 comments:

  1. How cool, I am loving the gorgeous image and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beauty. Love the way you have scored the card it is so different...the sentiment and image are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at this card....you hit another home run with this one Vicki!! Love the colors and the cool way you did your score lines. Just beautiful!!
    I gave digital a try this week with my CASE study challange card and gave you credit on my blog for the inspiration. Take a peek and let me know what you think....honestly! ;)
    Thanks again for the push!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Vickie - you ROCK! I love what you have done with this image - your scoring is fabulous! I am loving this! What a great take on this weeks challenge! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support and love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! Thanks for playing along this week with Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Victoria...the colors are so vibrant! Your coloring abilities are fantastic! Love the scoring and that fabulous bow/button accent. Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at this fabulous scoring, it looks like streaks of rain! I love your vibrant colours too, and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete