June 28, 2011

The Cat Came Back, CSC#45 revisited


The cat came back. She couldn't stay away. She just had stay and play another day.



Hi welcome to phase II of my experience in masking for The Case Study Challenge #45. I'm doing digital and handmade again. I love mixed-media art. I began by creating a page in Corel, a 6 x 6 box, the wheat stamp and the placement of the cat digi stamp. By the way, I make my own image files. I rarely use rubber or pre-made digi stamps. I printed the sheet and a second cat for a mask. After placing down a moon and cat mask, I used watercolors (and some ink) to make a background. And when it dried it was wrinkled.
I scanned the colored page into Corel (my graphics program). Ahh, nice and flat again. With Corel I create the lower green area do some more masking. I created two long grass images, small and large in off white. I layered the grass over the kitty (I sacrifice the first cat now) then replace a kitty in the same place and covered it again with grass. It looks like the cat was in the grass, behind, and in front.

One more printout and cut to size. I also do some more inking to the edges. I use my colorbox flowerbox's for edging. The wedge shape is great. I twisted two colors of my self crinkled and dyed Snug Hug and applied with dot glue and whipped up a jumble bow with buttons. The dollies were so fun to make! I also used a little Stickles. There is no sentiment. I'll be able to use this card as an All Occasion sometime.

Whoa, paragraph 4...I'll wrap up.
Have a great day, stay outta of the sun (my porch-112 right now!)).
Peace and chicken, Vicki

The Case Study Challenge #45


UPDATE: I won top winner in The Case Study Challenge #45! I had so much fun creating the kitty cards. Case Study is a wonderful place and I feel honored with this win. Thanks to all! Peace and Fried Chicken, Vicki

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! I am impressed! I love digital and paper art and I SO appreciate your work. This kitty image is to die for, well actually, the whole card is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you knocked it outta the park with this one! I thought I love the previous entry, but this one is even more amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzaaaaa!!!! This is sooooo beautiful!!!! Congrats on the win, so well deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is about it, great card, wonderful images and blends of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool to see a different look of the cat, and I love the lacey borders of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is a work of art! CONgrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally Jawdropping!!! Congrats on your well deserved win at CASE!

    ReplyDelete