November 23, 2010

Snowman Christmas Cards



Today I'm making cards by creating more embellishments than I buy. I do this a lot. Embellishments have got to be the most expensive of the little things we buy to create our homemade cards. Well, add a little more "homemade" to the mix by making your own.



I like to look at the pretty embellishments all packaged so lovely....but mostly I'm looking to see how I may re-create it at home. A good start is to buy 12 x12 printed cardstock with designs just screaming to be cut out. Such is the case with this pack of paper I bought at Michaels. It's called "Snowflake Christmas Paper Pad" by Ellen Krans, "Me & my big ideas".



I love medallion's! Pictures or words. I've used 2 sizes of circle punches for the Merry Christmas sentiment. Single or double layering is up to your style. But I'm crappy at stamping. So in order to get 5 good prints, I stamped front and back all over a single card stock page and punched out the best.



These snowmen are so cooool! I could see these guys as soon I walked into Michaels. There's 2 sheets in the collection and there's also are 5 snowmen on the paper pack cover. (15 cards) Lots of other images to cut out and make great embellishments. The papers are very bright, foiled, glittered and kinda retro. A "must check out" if you find yourself at a paper store.

I cut these on the print line with a small sharp scissor. Easy enough to do while watching TV. I cut the arms arms off and replaced with pipe cleaners, and used foam tape to pop and layer.



Speed ribbons. Tape the ribbon to the back of the card cover. Its fast, it works. You can still take a piece of ribbon to tie a bow or knot and it will slide to the perfect placement.



A fun card.
Make some embellishments!
Have fun, save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment