May 1, 2014

Blackboard Greetings and Chalk









My first attempt at the blackboard technique." I'm gonna half to werk on dat som mor" . I crashed and burned on the first 3 pieces of cardstock. My cardstock sucks up the ink. Maybe I should spray fixative over the paper first? Hummm. I got frustrated and went back to my old ways.







I was inspired to make this card after checking out "CAS(E) this Sketch". The sketch I'm following is pretty clear cut, it looked a little naked to me so I searched the grandkids room for some chalk- which I didn't find. But I did locate a white crayola and it serves the purpose well.





here's the last picture- just for fun!




DCWV Hippie Chic Stack
DCWV Nana's Kitchen
vicki stamp digi sentiment
3-M doubled sided tape
Recollections white pigment ink
Crayola
Johnson's baby powder
spray glitter (very lightly shows in first image)

wishing you a great day! Victoria

sharing at:
CAS(E) this Sketch  9
CCEE Stampers "Chalk it Up" 8

5 comments:

  1. It's not quite as easy as it looks is it, but you've done a great job. Really looks like a blackboard.
    and love the added 'chalk' feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with the CCEE Stampers this week. Your board looks great to me - especially with the added crayon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you rocked this challenge! Who are you kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the chalkboard technique! Your card looks fabulous! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Victoria! Your blackboard looks great to me! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete