May 5, 2014

First cards for first AAA Card challenge







I've got a couple of fun cards today with lots of glitter and happiness!





















My first card is in graphic style. I love bright loud cards! Crafting one that's also nearly CAS is a blast!
This is a 2 layer card. My background is fully glitttered over a bright sun ray, yeah for glue spray! I printed
the 3 main factors to the card. I located the boy from Yahoo Images while searching under "vintage children
advertising". Love him! I'm gonna keep that in my graphics file for sure! The sun ray is an older file of mine
and I created the sentiment bubble too. The oreo filling is also glittered.





My second card is smaller and more subdued. I like tiny cards, their just SO cute!  There's piercing on the main body and the embellishment is 2 layered itself. The sentiment is one of my "vicki stamps" from my set called "Happy Joy". The washi tape is taped to cardstock and cut out to behave like a prize ribbon. Again, I've glittered over the entire sentiment, I really like that effect. Pop tape is used to create the layering.

 

AAA Cards opened this morning for our first game. Fingers crossed and happy thoughts. Our first game is "Triple Play". Make a card with "2 Layers, Happy and Glitter!" Triple play allows you to make any CAS style card you enjoy with 3 fun elements. I hope you drop by and play too!


AAA Cards


my recipe:
DCWV cardstocks
Martha Stewart clear fine glitter
Asst. of Washi's bought at Micheals
Spray glue
all imagery assembled by me
pop tape
and a little "card maker's love"

I wish you all a happy day and hope you enjoy making a new card today.....perhaps for AAA Cards, drop by for a peek!

Cheers, Victoria

Find AAA CARDS HERE :)



sharing at:
CAS on Sunday, Sparkle and Shimmer 10
Come and Get It Challenge, May Anything Goes
Pile It On, Child Play
The Sweetest Thing, sketch
Pumpkin Spice Challenge, Washi
Vintage Journey, Fond Memories 8
CAS-ual Fridays, 1 third, 3 of something 8
Jellypark Challenges, One for the Boys
Craft and Smash, Washi
Cute Card Thursday, here comes Summer










12 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a link in your post to get to AAA Cards but can't find one. :-( Is the new challenge going to be listed over at Paper Playful or one of the other challenge listing sites? Would love to create something to play along. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you create such cool cards with your computer. Great way to hybrid things. Just great how the first card is bold and bright!

    The second card is just lovely with the Washi strips. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are sweet! Thank you for sharing your "Tim Holtz" inspired Fond Memories with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards, Thanks for sharing your work with us, we really appreciate it, but our challenge this week at Come and Get It challenges is Anything goes with a Digital Image.

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both wonderful cards, love the glitter. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards, Victoria! Love how you used the washi tape to make banners from your sentiment. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing on Craft and Smash...very cute card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is great ;)
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grazie per aver giocato con noi su craft and smach, la tua card mi paice moltissimo! adoro i banner

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun, retro card! Laughed at the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. che carine entrambe :) grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di Craft and Smash

    ReplyDelete