July 6, 2014

PLAYING with Watercolors





AAA Cards is 10 weeks old! The new challenge is the game "PLAY". Play with watercolors. I LOVE to play with them! I can't make just one card when I work with watercolors- I made three.



Especially proud of this one. First time using Peerless Pigment Papers. OMGoodness! LOVE those!! The image is a vintage illustration from an early twentieth century children's book. Sharing with: CAS on Sunday, One Layer Wonder



I'm using Distress Stains here with a clear liquid embossing pen and white embossing powder...and later some stickles "snow dust". Pink vellum and wine metallic embossing powder on a Simon Says Stamp, the July set. This image is from a coloring book Mandela.



 I fell out when I ran across this image! And in a flash I came up with that corny sentiment. I just love comical cards. Using the Peerless again, they blend wonderfully!







This was so much fun! I hope you take
some time to "play" around with some
new watercoloring techniques and share
the cards you make with us at
 AAA Cards.

Items used: 110lb cardstock, internet imagery, distress stains, peerless pigment papers,  Lil' Inkers "stitched rectangles" die, embossing materials by Stampendous, white thread, pink vellum, pop tape











9 comments:

  1. A brilliant trio of watercolour cards, all very different, all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Victoria, you have a reason to be proud, the frog image is wonderful! So are your other cards. In fact all your cards are wonderful. The only problem is, is that they would be hard to give away!
    -Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are amazing with a brush! That frog card is over the top awesome, and the cow just had me smiling -- well done with ink today Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, this series is so unique and fantastic! You are such a versatile artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three uniquely beautiful designs! What gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your cow card. Its so cute and funny at the same time. Your water-coloring is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously brilliant creations, love the colour combinations too...gorgeous images used and just love the cow.
    ♥aNNie
    I have also joined your wonderful creative blog as a new follower.x

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! you make really sweet ans beautiful cards Victoria.. Loving your cards. So happy to follow you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding cards!! I simply love the first. Exquisite! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete