June 23, 2014

Watercolor Crazy and Secrets




Yep, she's looney. Derwent Inktense Pencil crazy. I wanted to paint. 

I wanted to paint images I don't have in my stamps. Generally printing an image on watercolor paper is nearly impossible. It's incredibly thick. But I have a secret weapon! My new printer (Brother "business smart" MFC-J44100W) has a cardstock feeder from the back of the machine. The paper feeds in almost flat (some/most printers feed paper from a "U" or "L" angle). I fed Strathmore Watercolor Cold-Press 140lb through my home printer!! 
Opening a whole new world for me!





I'm sharing this card at these lovely card challenges........CAS on Sunday #36 Birthday (July 4)
Less is More #177 Watercolor (June 24) Seize the Birthday- anything goes (July 1)


I'm sharing this watery card at these cool card challenges........Lexi's Creations #119 St the Beach (July 5) 
Jellypark Friday Challenges-Oh we do like to be beside the seaside (June 24) Cute Card Thursday 326 Beside the Seaside (June 23) Moving Along with the Times- I do like to be beside the seaside..(June 23) UPDATE: 2nd place at Moving Along w/ the Times

I'm sharing "Sunny in Tucson" at this wonderful card challenge........Addicted to CAS #41 Sun (July 5) UPDATE: Whee! I won "CAS Perfectionist" at Addicted to CAS!


I'm sharing my cactus garden card at this funl card challenge........Allsorts Challenge Blog #264 How does your garden grow? (June 24)




One more incredible secret! 

AAA Cards is having a blog hop next week and The MacGyver Challenge!
We are running three contests (one has 6 chances) and giving away 8 Stampendous prizes! The MacGyver Card Challenge is pretending YOU are MacGyver. You want to make a great card and you want 5 special items to make that card from. Like fixing a car with a rubber band, a paper clip and china plate. LOL!




Get ready for the blog party, answer questions- win prizes. Find the 5 items- win a prize, create the best MacGiver card and win the BIG prize, which is a Stampendous Jumbo stamp & die set!! Wow!





25 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, you are so talented, Victoria!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Does the ink you used to print run at all when you watercolor with it? I usually have to use StazOn to keep from running with watercoloring. Just wondering what your secret is - such great work and no blurry at all! You're amazing.Love the Blog Hop idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercolours. They are all amazing. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB makes - love your water colours!

    Kathyk
    GDTM Simply Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautifully coloured images Victoria, I love all of your cards. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our How Does Your Garden Grow challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, thanks for joining FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I think you are one talented artist
    These are fantastic, superbly watercolored and gorgeous vibrant colours
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card thanks for sharing with us at lexis creations this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. All lovely cards but I do love the seaside one - thanks for joining our challenge at MAWTT. Hazel L. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful..I love them all..such talent. I love aquabrushes.. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree...you are very talented! Love all your cards and especially love the Birthday one! So cool your printer sounds wonderful! Great job and thinks for sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is a pretty clever idea, new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! A watercolour bonanza and what a marvellous array!
    Terrific cards, every one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all fun and really cute !!!! I love the colors !!! Thank you so much for joining us for Jo's Fun Friday Challenge !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card set.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful watercolour cards - love your LIM card and the others are fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Amazing, every one of them, love 'em all!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Four amazing card creations Victoria. Your watercoloring is STUNNING!

    I know what you mean about feeding thick watercolor paper through a printer. I cut mine to the card front size, and use temporary tape to tape it to a piece of regular printer paper (near the bottom of the page). The printer is fooled into thinking it is just feeding regular paper. Works for me every time! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pretty birthday card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great array of cards. Each is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are fabulous. Beautiful images and great colouring. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can feel your cacti basking in the heat! Great idea to color underneath the sentiment with yellow. Fabulous!
    So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fabulous cards beautiful colours so bright and dynamic you should frame these mini works of art.Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful, colourful beautiful collection of cards. You are so clever. I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG - your cards are simply AMAZING! No wonder you won Addicited to CAS! well deserved - I am totally in awe!

    ReplyDelete