April 8, 2014

Watermelon Seed Packet Shaker Card




I think I'm almost back to feeling comfortable making cards. Silly...but I had stopped for two years and have only been back in for a while. I stopped because my cards were not making me happy. All the lace and embellishments, pearls and ribbons weren't me. But two years ago it was all the rage. I came back in February to look at the old places I used to play and noticed that the simpler cards were coming into vogue. 

I love CAS cards. I feel good after making one now. And I'm not embarrassed to tell people "I make cards".

For this card I went back to an old idea I'd made in the past- a seed packet shaker. I'm playing at CAS-ology, and their cue card is "Wet".





Card base- DCWV Mango Frost matstack
Card panel- White vellum bristol
Embossing sleeve- Spellbinders, vines and birds
Sentiment stamp- Oriental Traders, slice of life
Handmade watermelon seed packet shaker
pop tape and double sided tape




I was getting desperate to find a nice photographing spot today. Then I notice the window sill was nicely lit and also remembered how beautiful Andrea Ewen's photos are. So I tried it. WOW! I'll be photographing at that spot more often!

I'm playing at:
CAS-ology Cue Card "Wet" ck 4/15
Red Rubber Inspirationals #114 - Spring  ck 4/10

 




9 comments:

  1. Watermelons sure are juicy, that is for sure!! Sweet packet, my sister gardens and would love this card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card!! Makes me hungry for watermelon!! Nothing wrong with being CAS, so glad to see you are making cards again!

    Kendra, Red Rubber Inspirationals Host Inspirational #114 Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the card but Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That watermelon just pops! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet sentiment for a sweet card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are back to making cards! Love the watermelon image on the embossed background! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect interpretation of water! I love watermelon and have never planted any seeds. Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shaker cards and this is brilliant! Cute, cute!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete