September 19, 2012

Smashed Red Potatoes with Lavender

Everyone is making smashed potatoes these days! They are great! We like to use"Herbes de Provence" and extra lavender for seasoning.


(Quick note, I'm testing out Mr Linky for 2 days. While you're here visit this post and please help out by leaving a linked post. All for fun...thank you: CLICK HERE:)

Smashed Red Potatoes with Lavender
Potato's (what ever amount needed)
Olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (we use Lavender Pepper from Terra Verde Farms)
Herbes de Provence (I use 2 kinds...one that has large sea salt in and one that has extra lavender)
Sour Cream (when serving)
Preheat oven to 400

 Start by boiling your potatoes. (I usually do this in the late afternoon and they sit until dinner gets started.)

Click below for the rest of the secrets.......

15 minutes, make sure they are tender. Take your potatoes to a cookie sheet. My potatoes are larger than baby sized, so I cut them in half and place them on a cookie sheet. You need something to make the "smash".
Your could use a hand held potato masher, one day I couldn't find it so I used the bottom of a drinking glass.
It's always messier than you'd think, just squish the potato back into a little pile. No worries!

Season to taste (you can make this without Herbes de Provence, go Italian...go plain) Drizzle olive oil lightly and all round your little potato piles. Bake about 20-30 minutes (keep watch, everyone's oven is different) Get them golden brown and crispy! Yum! Dress at serving with sour cream and maybe some green onions. I hate green onions.
 

I'm sharing my post with these fun linky parties:


DIY by Design






 Create and Share

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, sounds so yummy. I'm doing a copy/paste and printing this one for dinner tonight! TFS

    ReplyDelete