September 10, 2012

My Babyback Pork Ribs with Dry Rub Recipe


Yummy Yummy! My husband LOVES ribs....me? I like them done my way.
(I got this picture from "Tyler Florence .com" But I don't cook mine his way)
But this is my recipe for some great tasting comfort food.


My Way.....
Ingredients (basic's....add along anything in the spice cabinet you like)
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (sometimes I don't use any sugars)
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
  • 2 tablespoons - optional...any spice mix you own and love. I like to add Penzy's spice mixes to my rub.
(quick note: when I add Penzy's Spice I generally pick up : Northwood and or/Northwood Fire)

 Directions

1. option A, Mix ingredients in a medium sized bowl and hand rub all over the meat on both sides 
2. option B, lazy, cause I make these all the time....shake each ingredient from the jar onto curved side of the  ribs. I don't rub the flip side until I turn them over.
3. Cooking slowly at 325. About an hour and a half, flip the ribs.
4. Rub the flipside if you haven't yet.
5. Cook for an hour more....3 hour cook is no big deal for ribs
6. Easy to cook, check after a while to make sure you don't dry them out (I can't help you there, BBQ sauce helps after the fact)
Have a great meal!





No comments:

Post a Comment