June 11, 2011

Retro Pink Stove Card, PDCC85 & CS43



Ha Ha Ha! I've lost it now! Yesterday I joined a challenge to celebrate "your style". Style? I'm like a Chameleon when it comes to a style.As a graphic artist, you make your bread and butter creating something in someone else's style. So recreating and observing styles is ongoing, even in my retirement. This card will be called as I refer to myself sometimes as a "mixed media".



(I've added on some pictures since I published the Pink Stove. I loved making the card so much I created a pastel 1950's Campy Stove Set. This I've done for myself. I hope you enjoy them too.Check them out at Stove Card Set.)

My card is created in Corel 14. I designed the retro stars and sentiment. My images are from a website selling the retro appliances. I had a lot of clean up to do on the images to make them just right. The only 3D touch is the sweet pink heart rhinestone. But I'm pleased with the card, and my obsession to make something different all the time is satisfied too.

I was inspired to make this card using the colors for Play Date Cafe. Blueberry, Cream and Dusty Rose. Once I saw the pink stove I was hooked, I had to make the card. I've also been mulling around in my head how to do the latest Case Study Card and I took the layout cues from them.

I need to do a silly card once and a while. If you'd like to see the other silly card in this website, look up Christopher Walken Card.

Thanks for dropping by, Peace.

8 comments:

  1. FABulous idea for a card!!! LOVE the retro stove in pink!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun retro stove! Great take on the colors and glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and clever! Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just so stinkin' fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the stove! I'm waiting for June Cleaver to appear in the background! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink stove...how adorably cute! Great retro look and awesome design! You have wonderful creativity! Glad to have you join us at CASE Study and the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish you would sell these cards. simply darling!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete