June 8, 2011

Pink and Chocolate for Christmas



Cosmopolitan Neapolitan, yummy strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. I've been waiting for a pink and brown color challenge and I found one with Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger. Yeah. My goal for this card was to find four challenges to create from. I don't mean looking afterwards for challenges that will apply to a card, but starting the creation with four sites in mind. This worked out well. My great sketch is from Mojo Monday #194. Christmas is covered by Jingle Belles - "Let It Sew, Let It Sew, Let It Sew". And lastly the Shabby Tea Room #65 is Technique Week and the challenge is to emboss.




I can't believe how long it took to put this card together. I beat myself up without realizing it because I cut these strips with the curved end. Most everyone else (including the sketch) replaced with punched circles or whatnot. Duh, Vicki. I learn as I go. I ended up searching through ALL my papers to find the combo. I can't remember all the titles, but all my paper is DCWV. While visiting Ewen Style one day, I saw this really cool medallion. Andrea uses a corner punch to create it with. After I checked out her tutorial I looked at a few You Tube tutorials and worked out my way to punch it. Funny, there are lots of ways...find your favorite. I layered two pieces and topped with an actual stamped sentiment. Ok, if you're new to my cards, I try to do most of my labels from the computer:) Stick on pearls, clear glitter, cuttlebug embossing, lots of sewing, pink, brown and white, a sketch, felt ribbon. I think I managed to meet my goal, and I'm happy with the results. My husband just called from the gold mine in Cripple Creek (away on another trip) and I was able to share with him that my seed packet card won two tops honors! Whee! I like card challenges.

Thanks for visiting with me, Bless you all. Vicki

UPDATE: This card won an Honorable Mention with The Shabby Tea Room. Honestly I'm amazed. My last four cards in a row have winnings. I'll be getting a blinkie soon from them.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Vicki...I absolutely adore this card! The pinks and browns are a delight together and you've done a fabulous job with the medallion! I have that corner punch as well, but have yet to experiment with it, and now I have a good reason to! Your interpretation of the sketch is spot on...and if it makes you feel any better, we're all on the same learning curve! That's part of the fun! (Other times the card goes in the trash, lol!)
    Thanks so much for your kind words as well, I'm so glad that you were so WONDERFULLY inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique and fantastic card!Love the colors and the medallion :-) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the great patterns..and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressive card! It is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous! I love those pearly stick pins peeking out from behind the medallion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fabulous!!! I love the colors and all your details. Here's hoping you make it into the top spots!! It would be well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is amazing! I'd imagine it smells like chocolate! MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love non-traditional christmas cards! This is one of my favorite color combos too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Victoria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layered sentiment with those sweet pins! Great card! Thanks for playing MOjo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Love those little doilies and pins!

    ReplyDelete