May 19, 2011

Card Challenge, Case Study 40


Case Study # 40 a lovely cade made by Sarah Martina Parker


And this is my study card, ala Vicki!

"Case Study Challenge" is a delightful site. I love to look back at older challenges. I took a break from cards last week, now I'm fresh and ready for this new challenge. I will also enter into "The Play Date Cafe, challenge #82" as they have provided my color scheme this week.

Craft card body. Scrap paper as background. Ivory lace and blue ribbon from S.A.S. Fabrics. Flowers assembled from items purchased from "Oriental Traders" (Petals, beads, pearl picks, butterfly, pearl headpin, button, hemp) Two lacey circles from Spellbinders and a handmade medallion.

My label, as often is, was created with Corel and printed. I used versamark, UTEE and a hot gun on my labels. This gives me the old but shiny effect I'm after.

For a new twist I used curled hemp cord beaded with Play Date Challenge colors to "study" the flourish from the card Sarah Martina Parker made.

I surely had fun and I think I'll re-label the card because it would make a nice Father's Day card for my very sweet husband. "Peace and chicken!" (Homer Simpson)

17 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love your attn to detail... and the printed tag... pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! Your work is amazing, so glad I found you.
    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Vicki...the colors and design arrangement are out of this world! What a creative embellishment detail, there are so many accents that caught my eye! Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki this card is beautiful :) A wonderful use of the colour scheme this week! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love how you've used the colors :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Victoria! So elegant and soft! LOVE that collection of scrumptious elements! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many gorgeous beauties on this card. Am lovin' every inch of it...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous! So much detail to look at, you can keep looking forever and always find something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GORGEOUS card--filled with so many details! You nailed these challenges:) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry I'm late...but OMGoodness girl! This is fabulous!!! I LOVE all the different elements you used. It's absolutely perfect! :) So glad you could join us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is GORGEOUS - just stunning. Love all the pretty details! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply beautiful! Love the swirl and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally gorgeous! I CASEd it this week over at CASE Study, thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete