April 9, 2013

The Story of the $6000.00 Dishwasher


It all started with a musty smell. 
I dreaded that my animals might be sinking up the place. 
But how? I use a special litter, wash the floor of their room with custodial strength enzyme cleaner.
Hmmm, this place is clean.




 

My sister Val wanted pictures of my kitchen and it's "little" disaster.


It all started with a musty smell. 
I dreaded that my animals might be sinking up the place. 
But how? I use a special litter, wash the floor of their room with custodial strength enzyme cleaner.
Hmmm, this place is clean.
Click below to get the ridiculous story

The floor is always dry, but one day the edge of my sink carpet was wet. 
I called a plumber to sort this out.

The plumber found no problems or leaks. He did suggest it's time for a new dishwasher. 
We've been in this house just one year and the white appliance set came with the house. 
I don't have any idea how old stuff is.

Right away a new Frigidaire Gallery Dishwasher is ordered. And delivered.
The delivery/installer man pulls out the old washer and loads of stinky grey water roll out everywhere!

The man from the appliance store used to work at an emergency restoration company.....
and tells me I need one...Fast.
We call his old company and they are at my house by an hour.

Upon inspection it is discovered that interior cabinets are water logged and no longer capable of holding the counter's weight and will only start to mold from here if we don't remove stuff now.

After a few days of emergency removal, the cabinets were rebuilt off site. Meanwhile lot's of repair and restoration work went on. New pipes, new dry wall, painting. 

Rough living for 3 weeks. Can you imagine that going out to dinner gets "old"?
The insurance claim was over $6000.00, thank goodness the counter didn't crack as well.
Whew!








So, that's the story of the $6000.00 dishwasher. Feels good to get a laugh out of this....
I've got a story about Brian, my $6000.00 dog too.

Thanks for laughing with me, Victoria Lavender



This craziness has been shared with these cool folks....
Monday Motherload

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you now have the pleasure of a new kitchen. :-D Funny story, even if it wasn't at the time. NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow~ what a story! So unexpected and inconvenient but with a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete