April 24, 2014

My Little Umbrella






I tripped across a nice card challenge today while visiting Angela Maine's blog "from the tool shed"  (a must see as well). This card challenge is called "The Card Concept". Quite interesting, they analyze and identify the different styles of card makers. You select the DT to CASE, and the style card you'll be making.




I've been playing with watercolours and extra wet watercolour papers lately. It's fun...it's messy too!
I just bought my stamp set (Happy by Pink Paisley) at Bluemoon Scrapbooking and they are also the proud sponsors of the new card challenge (mine) AAA Card CAS Challenge. The first challenge will be May 5th 2014. I also got new inks there too. I'm SO LUCKY.....Bluemoon Scrapbooking is a mail order company and they just happen to be located in Tucson. Whee!





I've sewn the panel to the card body and stamped the 2 images in Tumbled Glass. It took a lot to get it dark/bold. I also took some of my beautiful yet drying out Color Box Petals to lightly edge the sentiment and umbrella. To get the 3-D effect of the sentiment I've cut 2 small dashes and inserted 2 opposite corners, like the way a business card is attached to a letter, but cut too small to make it bow outward. It's a little hard to see, but the umbrella is covered in fine clear glitter. Tiny, tiny pieces of pop tape were used as well.

I'm a "clean and layering" card maker apparently. I always wondered what my style would be referred to. I followed the style presented by Kay Miller and Kerin Sylvester







my recipe:
Card body: DCWV 12 x 12 color pad
Card panel: Watercolour paper
Label and Umbrella paper: Fox River
Watercolour paint
Glitter: Martha Stewart fine clear
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress, TumbledGlass
Stamps" Pink Paisley, Hello
Die: w/ stamp set "Hello"
pop tape










My Stamps and Inks were purchased from Bluemoon Scrapbooking.
Find Pink Paisley Here..............................Find Tim Holtz Products Here

Thank you so much for visiting, Cheerio!


Sharing with these lovely challenges
The Card Concept #8 (28)
Simon Says Stamp Clean and Simple (30)
Cuttin and Stampin Challenge  April Showers (28)
Artistic Inspirations #88 CAS (28)

8 comments:

  1. Such a sunny card! Love the choice of coulours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the watercoloring & stitching. Thank you for entering Cuttin' & Stampin' Ch14-16 April Showers.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Cuttin' & Stampin' DT Orange Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Victoria! I love the colours, stitching and textures. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Keep It Clean and Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercolor background! Thanks for sharing with us at Cuttin and Stampin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so prety. I love the watercolor background and that sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love water colours and you've done a wonderful job using them here. Beautiful colours and texture. Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is very pretty, thanks for sharing with us at Cuttin' & Stampin'
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I've finally reached the first umbrella card. The watercolours are so good with this stamp, love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete