June 8, 2011

Summer Breeze, Lot's of Orange!



Where I live (Tucson) it's been summer for a while. So it was so nice to see a couple of color challenges for summer. "Do You Stack Up, DYSU #22 Orange". is closing it's challenge in minutes. Making a card under 2 hours it still difficult for me. I'm still kinda new at this challenge stuff. (But, oh boy do I like them.)

My layout is from Card Pattern's #118, a really fun curved piece. And my colors were inspired by Inkspirations, challenge #72. I love these summer colors! I created the medallions from The Citrus Stack. The flowers were just calling out to be cut-out. My label is made in Corel 14. Some little punched leaves to bring it all together.

Recipe:
Cardstock - DCWV, Mango Frost, Citrus Print & Solid Stacks
Ribbon - Oriental Traders

Color Box Ink, Sewing Machine, Rhinestone, Stickles-orange and diamondhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

It's a great day...Enjoy it fully!

UPDATE: This card, which is close to my heart and quickly made, just won the as winner for Inkspiration Color Challenge #72! I'm so thankful and so very blessed.

6 comments:

  1. So cool Victoria, I can't believe you slapped this together at the last minute! Its fabulous! Thanks for making time to play in our ORANGE challenge at Do You Stack Up? this week. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used that sketch fabulously as well as this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely like a summer breeze...love the use of all the delish colors! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! this is great color combo~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card!!! The colors are very striking!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete